Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 5th, 2022 18:00

Clean install Win 10 on Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 32 bit, can't find a useable WiFi driver

As subject says, can't find a WiFi driver that will install. I get to this page: Venue 5130 Pro (32Bit) 

Set OS to Windows 10, 32 bit and Category Network and get Dell Wireless 1538 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Driver. When I download and try to install it the install starts and runs for a while then I get an error message about it not being supported on this hardware or setup (don't remember exactly what it said, I grab a snap of it the next time I try it).

I've tried the Compatability checker and run it as Win 8 but that didn't make any difference. Is it possible this tablet is 64 bit? If so, how do I check for that? Something in BIOS that will tel me? Even if it is, 32 bit drivers should work, right?

4 Posts

February 6th, 2022 12:00

Replying to my  own post to add additional information.

Tablet running Windows 10 Pro X86 21H2 19044.1288

I just downloaded Dell Wireless 1538 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Driver 

When I tried to install it I got this error:

install_error.PNG

I entered the Service Tag to make sure I was on the right page. I'll try the Windows 8.1, 32 bit version next and see what happens.

Edit: Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 are exactly the same.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

4 Posts

This is very strange. Even though the install failed, I just realized the WiFi icon was in the system area of the Taskbar. I opened it and my WiFi was listed, connected and I now have a working WiFi.

So even though I got the error I showed above, the installation worked well enough to give me Network access.

I'm running SupportAssist now to see if it can find the rest of the drivers I need.

• 

25.2K Posts

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

4 Posts

Responding now, sorry, did not see that I had a message.

Warranty expired in 2015.

1 Message

September 14th, 2022 13:00

Instead of installing extract the downloaded Wifi Driver then go to device manager select network, then right click on update driver, click on 'browse option then the 'let me pick from list option then select 'have a disk and finally navigate to the wifi folder with the .inf file to install

No Events found!