Dell Streak Across America Twitter Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: The Dell Streak Across America Twitter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P. ("Sponsor"), Mosaic Experiential Marketing ("Mosaic"), ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 10, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 14, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period") and consists of eleven (11) entry periods (each an "Entry Period") as defined in the chart below.
||Begins on (at 12:00 a.m. ET)
||Ends on (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
||Drawing to occur on/around
||September 10, 2010 (at 3:00 p.m. ET)
||September 15, 2010
||September 22, 2010
||September 16, 2010
||September 21, 2010
||September 28, 2010
||September 22, 2010
||September 27, 2010
||October 4, 2010
||September 28, 2010
||October 3, 2010
||October 11, 2010
||October 4, 2010
||October 9, 2010
||October 18, 2010
||October 10, 2010
||October 15, 2010
||October 22, 2010
||October 16, 2010
||October 21, 2010
||October 28, 2010
||October 22, 2010
||October 27, 2010
||November 3, 2010
||October 28, 2010
||November 2, 2010
||November 9, 2010
||November 3, 2010
||November 8, 2010
||November 15, 2010
||November 9, 2010
||November 14, 2010
||November 22, 2010
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.twitter.com and log in or create a Twitter account. Creating a Twitter account is free. “Follow” @dellhomeus on Twitter and either,
- post a photo of you with the Dell Mannequin at one of its specified events;
- post a Dell Streak inspired photo;
- visit the Dell Streak Simul8tr application at http://apps.facebook.com/dellsimulator/, take a photo with the application, download it to your hard drive and post that photo to Twitter.
Include the hashtag #dellstreak as part of your post, and you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable Entry Period's prize drawing. Your post must contain the Sweepstakes hashtag in order to be considered for entry into the Sweepstakes.
Your photo must not contain material that is pornographic, profane, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, intimidating, abusive, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at www.twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select nine (9) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during each Entry Period, on or around the dates listed in Section 3 above. Entries from any Entry Period will not carry-over into subsequent Entry Periods. Each potential winner will receive a direct message from @dellhomeus to the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. In order to receive the direct message, your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public". Each potential winner will be required to respond to the direct message within five (5) days of the date the direct message was posted as directed, or prize will be forfeited. Upon successful reply to direct message, the potential winner may be notified by the Administrator via email with further prize claim instruction. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize: NINETY-NINE (99) GRAND PRIZES (9 per Entry Period): A new un-activated Dell Streak. While the Dell Streak tablet has a WiFi antenna and can be used without a cell service agreement, use as a phone and internet connectivity beyond WiFi hotspots requires an AT&T voice and data plan. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $549. The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period drawing. Limit: One (1) prize per person. The total ARV of all prizes is $54,351.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Mosaic, Facebook, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than March 24, 2011. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "Dell Streaking Across America Twitter Sweepstakes, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
© 2010 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.